What We Believe
People today expect and appreciate a forthright and honest declaration of the doctrines believed and taught in the local church. At Edmison Heights Bible Chapel, we wish to be very clear on the following points, fundamental to our faith.
- We believe that there is only one true God who is triune – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19. John 10:30. 2 Cor. 13:14).
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless holy life, vicarious death on Calvary’s cross, (shedding His blood for the remission of our sins), His burial, His resurrection, ascension and His present ministry as our Great High Priest and Advocate for His people at the right hand of God. (Matt. 1:18, 25. 1 Peter 2:22. 1 John 1:7. 1 Cor.15:4. Acts 1:9. Hebrews 8:1).
- We believe the Bible is God’s message to mankind and is perfectly accurate and true in every detail as originally given by Divine authority and inspiration. ( Isaiah 40:8. 2 Timothy 3:16. 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe that man was created by God in His image; that mankind sinned against God, thereby separated himself from God, incurring not only physical death, but spiritual death, and that repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only means by which a person may be reconciled to God. (Gen. 1:27. Romans 3:23, 5:12. Acts 20:21. Rom. 10:9).
- We believe in the existence of Satan; the arch enemy of God. His work is to deceive and dissuade mankind from faith in God. His ultimate end is Hell and the Lake of fire. (Job 1:6-7. Ephesians 6:11,16. Rev. 12:7,9,20:10).
- We believe in the resurrection of all the dead, to the everlasting bliss of the saved, those who have received Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour; also the everlasting punishment and separation from God for the lost, those who have refused or neglected to receive Christ as Saviour during their lifetime. (John 5:28-29. 1Cor. 15:51-52. 1 Thess. 4:14-17. Rev. 20:11-15).
- We believe that all true Christians are members of the church, the body of Christ. We receive freely all such who are living in a godly manner and who are not holding or teaching unsound biblical doctrine. (Rom. 15:7. 1 Cor. 12: 12-13. Romans 16: 17. 2 John 1:7,9-10).